Wednesday, October 15, 2014

I Was Feeling Really Productive

I had to lie on the ground to take this picture, so I hope you appreciate it.
On Friday night, I was overtaken by the urge to create something, and not just an ordinary something, but this life changing candy corn ice cream treat (I may be exaggerating a little with the whole life changing thing). This Halloween inspired energy would not last long, but luckily, neither would this project. I knew my Halloween inspired energy wouldn't last long, so this quick, and easy project was perfect. A "do it yourself" dessert was just what I needed to get my mind off of the stress I was feeling from school.

 Before you can start, you will need supplies. Vanilla ice cream, along with red and yellow food coloring are the only mandatory supplies to make this, but special glasses, whipped cream, candles, straws, or other decorations are optional. One container of of ice cream just barely filled four of my glasses, so take that into consideration when planning to share with others.

First, leave your ice cream out to let it soften. Then take one third of your conainer, and add yellow food coloring to it until you are happy with the color. After that, add it to your glass. If the ice cream smears on the sides of the glass, be sure to wipe it off to make your layers clear. Before you add the next layer, put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes.

Repeat the process two more times using the red and yellow food coloring to create orange, and leaving the the last layer white. When you are done, you can let it thaw to a milkshake consistency, or freeze it back to ice cream. Be careful abut how long you leave it out; the layers will mix as it begins to melt.

I hope you enjoy making and eating this sweet, make sure tell me about your successes and triumphs while making it. If you want to watch the video I go the idea from, and for another candy corn inspired dessert, click here. Be sure to comment, and suggest other things you want me to try, or talk about.
I was trying to take an artsy picture. I will let you decide whether or not I accomplished that.

3 comments:

  1. you did make it artsy. I'm going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!! Thanks for explaining how to do this, I think I will try!
    http://nhaerter18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete