Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Guide To Gifting

Believe it or not, but birthdays, and holidays tend to be an annual thing. The annual part can be hard when it comes to getting gifts for the different people in your life. I have trouble especially when it comes to unknown relationships. Gift giving is dangerous territory, but with this guide, and practice you can become the non-mythical equivalent to Santa. All this for only a payment $99.99 a month for 9 months. Just kidding, it's all free, you're welcome.
Possible reaction to a mediocre present. We can do better than this people. Image courtesy of Elfarandi.

1. Best Friends "Five-Ever" ( Get it? It's bigger than "four-ever.")

Don't let this title mislead you, this section of our guide is not only for very close friends, but also family. This grouping of loved ones can is most of the time either the hardest, or easiest to shop for. While these are the people you know the best, the pressure is on to get them the perfect gift. My suggestion, make it personal. I have gotten my "bestie" a variety of gifts customized to reference our inside jokes. This can mean customized phone cases, headphones, or even t-shirts. Also a possibility, make something yourself. DIY's are fun, and are often the perfect gifts, and guess what! I have posted pages of ideas for you to choose from. Other ideas I have include a surprise room decoration, planning activities to do together like planning a whole day together. The reason you are close with this person is because you love them so it's important that these gifts come from you, not from a store.
Results may vary. Image courtesy of Elloecho

2. Just in School Friends


This section should be used as help when deciding on a gift for an acquaintance. I use the word acquaintance very specifically here. This section is for those friends you aren't extremely close, and maybe don't know as well. Here it is more acceptable to buy things from a store. I commonly go for gift cards, or clothing and accessories if I know their style. Gift cards are perfect because you can  buy one from a store they like to make it personal instead of just handing them cash. Another good idea could be a colorful box or basket full of candy they like. This is inexpensive, but anyone you give it to will love it!

3. That Special Someone

Now you know you've done it right. Image courtesy of Popsugar.

Before you get too excited, I'm not going to talk about what to give you boyfriend or girlfriend. I have no experience in that area, and my advice might do more harm than good. While that may be the case, I know what having a crush feels like. I know that getting a gift for someone you like can be a tricky subject when they don't know about your feelings. So, my suggestion for these gifts is to do it casually. The gift shouldn't be really expensive, or big. Making it really personal might also freak them out. My go to is to make a batch of cupcakes for all your friends, and just happen to have an extra one when you run into him or her.

Well guys, I know was a random time for this post. It would be better received at Christmas, but recently I've felt like a gift guru. So, no more judging for today, unless you decide to look at my other pages, and posts, and also decide to follow me. I promise I won't file a restraining order, even though stalking someone is really creepy. Have a great life, and I'll blog again very soon because I love you all. (Honestly it's because I need more posts to get an A in English.)

No comments:

Post a Comment